Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New years resolutions!

It's not too late to start doing things right this year...

 1) I found a devotional to read each day.. I am still learning on how to get on that right away each day..
but, I am making progress...  My 14 year old daughter had decided to be diligent at reading the book each day- it has a short bible portion and a good article, and is really enjoying it.... I went to the website and found more that I want to get started with..  go here to find out more


2) Our bodies are a temple - exercise needs to find a way into our schedule EVERY day.. we are making progress..  the sunshine today, even though it's cold... brought this on today.. and this post 

( that I was going to write two weeks ago

when we took these photos-

yikes, now you see us in the RAW!  )

3) To cook even more healthy for my family each day..
 if I had more time, right now, I would go into more detail of what I mean..
 it is time consuming.. hard work, lots of dishes.. and takes thought to come up with 3 healthy meals daily
but, I know it's worth it, again, referring to taking care of the bodies the good Lord has given us.

4) To cut the caffeine.. partly why I didn't post til now either.. not only the grey clouds closing in each day
( moms get cabin too).
 but, a full 2 weeks with no caffeine was hard.. now I am past that, and it takes effort to stay focused on this goal-
I smell the coffee that my sweet husband grinds and brews and adds fresh cream to before he leaves for work.. and I could easily got hooked again.. especially with the fresh cream...
but, it was not letting me sleep well, I felt tired all day.. So, it will have to be a treat for me from now on..

5) All of the things that I want to add to our school.. foreign language, arts, music.. more reading alouds..
we are making progress here, too..

5 1/2) I should throw in to keep on knitting, and photography too..
if I put either down.. I forget what I was learning..

The next post should be some of our finishing projects!  

These are the things I can start with now..  and feel a sense of accomplishment..
now, if the sun could keep shining... I can do my goals much better!

1 comment:

melissa said...

you are right - it's never too late for resolutions!

love the exercise photos! you and your family are just adorable.