Tuesday, November 16, 2010

already mid november!

Since I last wrote something...

I have been -

Teaching my children- continuing with our books.. we find something interesting each day..
with winter coming I am adding a few things:
  A. more tea parties! we love to have the afternoon to look forward to tea parties and art and classical music.
My baby even thinks that every drink in the house in a glass or a cup is called "TEE".. and that is the new name of beverages around here. it's just too cute the way he points and says "tee".
  B. More art classes! I found some new art videos that should arrive this week, along with some spanish
 and we have been starting to give Latin a try!
  C. I  just signed up for some online cooking classes that I hope will be great! All of my girls are loving
learning the art of cooking. So much to chop up,  and so many pans! Our house smells great in the cold months! And I know they cant wait to start Christmas baking!
   D. we are excited to head to the twin cities for a play ( robin hood ) at the end of the week! And to make it a full school day, the art museum and history museum while we are there! Then.. maybe IKEA?

Knitting and more Knitting
My projects include: mittens, hats and scarves and barbie clothes.
Davia is working on socks and mittens and hats and sweaters.

Back to Cooking.. and eating well..
I have always been drawn to this.. and do good for a bit and get overwhelmed..  I try hard not to steer to far away, .. I could always be doing better..( learn to garden, use more herbs, heck- move and have a farm )
But, I am pleased to say that I have kefir once again brewing and I will be getting wheat berries
and have jars and bowls all over soaking grains and beans and legumes! So, I am once again motivated!

My kids love the snow and cant wait to get their lessons done and head out.. today they got up early and ate and rushed out the door before I could catch them.. They are worried that it will melt.. so I let them have an hour out before we got really busy again...

I know I could find more to talk about.. but it's time to sign off...

1 comment:

melissa said...

sounds like you have been busy-busy!!
hope you had fun in the cities! (and that you made it to ikea, i've been looking for an excuse to drive up to ikea.... so maybe i can live vicariously through you instead!)