Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall is a great time for nature study. We have enjoyed the colors very much. I love the apple  and pumpkin season... but, I think I have to for the most part agree with Barb on how she describes the seasons..  I just think fall is too short.. and I am never ready for the cold weather ahead..

"I don't usually enjoy the fall season...it is a melancholy time for me. I love the barefoot days of summer and the hot afternoons working in the garden or swimming in the pool.  I would much rather be hiking in the green, green hills with wildflowers blooming at my side in the springtime. The promise of spring and the activity of summer are much more likely to gain my vote for "favorite season"."

I have been loving her blog.

When I take time to look at her photos or read some of her posts- I really want to get outside with my kids. And we do..

Like cooking, knitting or even photography, there is so much in the nature world to learn, too.








 ~Here are some of my favorite recent shots at a state park not to far away..
We went twice in the last couple of weeks.. amazing- how the waterfall seemed to be less the second time. These are all from the first visit.. ~

4 comments:

melissa said...

lovely pictures - i love minneopa and i love fall!
hooray for getting out and enjoying it all!

Isaiah54mom said...

Thank you~ Melissa,
the colors are so rich.. the sights and smells and tastes are wonderful! Minneopa is simply so gorgeous and is like fairytale land, especially this time of year.

Tonja said...

You know I don't care much for the cold, but Autumn is my favorite season. I love the beautiful colors, the crunch of leaves, and wearing jeans and sweaters. I know it means winter is coming. But I try not to dwell on that and just enjoy the richness of it all! Love and blessings to you, my sister!

fruitfulvine said...

AWESOME!! How do you get the water to be like that? Neat!
I KNOW THAT ROCK!! my favorite place to sit when hiking there!